I would like to share with you where the technique came from, what Reiki Energy work is and what it does. I was initiated by Paul Blauw, a Reiki Master, and I received my Reiki 1st and 2nd degree in 2000 and 2001. He also gave me Tibetan Reiki symbols as an extra tool. After the first degree, I would help myself and after the 2nd degree, I would help family, friends, clients and helping all people and animals on a distance or through the ‘hands-on’ sessions. I still use Reiki in all kinds of ways.
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki means “life force energy”. Reiki is a spiritual art. The principle teachings of Reiki embrace a life of balance and promotes spiritual growth. But, Reiki is not a religion, nor is it based in any particular religious doctrine. Reiki does not infringe on anyone’s beliefs or personal values. People of many different faiths have discovered the love-energies Reiki offers.
The technique came from Mikao Usui, a Buddhist who was born on the 15th of August 1865 in Japan. He was the founder of the Reiki System of Healing. He developed the system in 1922 and it is a form of alternative medicine. Reiki practitioners use a technique called palm healing or ‘hands-on’ healing through which a “universal energy” is allegedly transferred through the palms of the practitioner to the patient in order to encourage emotional, mental and/or physical well-being.
Some of the benefits of Reiki can be:
- Dissolves energy blocks and promotes natural balance between mind, body, and spirit
- Increases energy levels
- Creates deep relaxation and helps the body release stress and tension
- Clears the mind and improves focus
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing ability
- Aids better sleep
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve pain
- Assists the body in cleansing itself from toxins
- Supports the immune system
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional cleansing
- Promotes creativity; and compliments medical treatment
- Relief of pain, relaxation, stress reduction for pregnant women
If you would like to read more about what to expect in a Reiki session, read the page ‘What to expect in a Reiki session’ and/or contact me for more information.